What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What accessories do I need?

CPGoldstein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi friends,

I have been looking at Ebay for iPad accessories, and there are a lot of bundled packages that interest me. However, I'm not really sure I need the stylus and a few others just "thrown in."

I definitely want a screen protector, a case, another wall outlet charger, perhaps a car charger (for geocaching.) What else am I missing?

Thanks!

-CP

Last edited:

dilipc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen is made of glass like material. While I use a screen protector on my BlackBerry, I have no such need on my iPad. In my humble opinion. A good case and car charger is all you need.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are going to get an aftermarket charger, make sure it says that it is specifically for an iPad since it takes quite a bit more juice to charge than an iPod or iPhone.

And if you get an aftermarket charger, stay away from crap like this --

41OVo2ZvCIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kroo-Premium-Black-Apple-Charger/dp/B003FGWJ00/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1292168848&sr=8-7]Amazon.com: Kroo Premium Black Apple iPad Wall Charger: Electronics[/ame]

Stick with a name brand like Griffin or Belkin.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Agree, You paid a premium price for your IPad

Why buy cheap accessories?

I have a Zaggmate with blue tooth keyboard. I have an invisible shield screen protector--I would rather scratch the screen protector than the glass. I also have a Stylus-R-Us Roger iWand, an Apple camera connection kit, and an Apple dock stand. A friend of mine gifted a car charger but I have never needed to use it--the iPad's battery lasts long enough. I also have the Apple carrying case which was replaced by the Zaggmate.

I want to buy more stuff for the iPad but other than what I have and the growing number of apps in my iPad, there isn't much additional stuff I can buy.

BruceMichael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]All you need is the Ipad Case, Keyboard Dock, Camera Connection Kit and USB Power Adapter. [/FONT]

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A little off topic here, but does anybody know if the keyboard dock works when there is a case on the iPad? I suppose it depends on the case?

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got a case, targus stylus from best buy, camera connection kit and the longer wall outlet charger. the shorter one that comes with the iPad is carried in my bag just in case.

Walker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All you need is a car charger, maybe an extra wall charger and a carry case that's it.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, case, apple dock, and photo connector is all that's really needed.

iPad doesn't need a screen protector. iPhone however, does due to conditions (dust in pockets, keys, ect. iPad..well I don't toss it around like a phone.

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A little off topic here, but does anybody know if the keyboard dock works when there is a case on the iPad? I suppose it depends on the case?

Yes, it would generally depend on the case but for the most part probably not unless the case is really thin.

There are two cases I know of that specifically are designed to work with the official Apple dock and the Apple Keyboard Dock - the Griffin Standle and the Speck CandyShell both have panels on the back that pivot open to allow you to dock the iPad. These may not work with 3rd party docks especially ones that are wider than the Apple Docks.

There's another case called the mCover which appears to be thin enough to mount in the Apple docks even though there's no special access panel on it or anything like that.

I forgot the name but there's another shell case that is split into two halves - you remove the bottom half to allow it to dock. To me though that's not really better than removing the whole case.

Most reactions

Latest posts