What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the new iPad Help section!

Wallss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps won't open

Apps on the fourth page that once worked now will not open and I cannot click on them at all....the first 3 slides work??

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps on the fourth page that once worked now will not open and I cannot click on them at all....the first 3 slides work??

Do a shutdown. Hold the On/off button and home button simultaneously for three seconds, activate the red slider and let the iPad shut off. Press the buttons again it will take 20/30 seconds to turn back on.

Whenever something freaky happens, do a shutdown. The iPad never gets to shut down and reinitialize like ordinary computers. You have to do it once in a while...

Last edited:

traveldivalv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New owner with an email question

Hello, and please excuse the low tech question. I just bought my ipad and now I get why people are so attached to their electronics. I can run my entire office with that and my phone. I have my outlook email pushed to my ipad and they show up just fine. I can't seem to delete them however. I put them in the trash, but they come back with "unable to delete". I am quite sure this is operator error. Am I missing something obvious?

Thank you for offering to help!

lolagret

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh the on / off didn't work I had to revert my iPad. I was able to get my apps back for free which I was surprised about...so my advice is don't mess with the voice part of the iPad it can mess you up.

mpugh66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why does Ipad need wifi connection to read books on nook app? It doesn't need it for the Kindle app or the IBook app. Anyone know a way to get your nook books downloaded for offline reading? Thanks.

Dr Cherie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get the free Nook computer application and download all your books there. Then you can download them to iTunes and onto your iPad or Nook for off-line reading.

Coldsept

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Images will not rotate with iPad

Can you tell me how I can "unstick" my iPad? The images only show in one direction for almost all programs. I've backed it up and have reset it and it is still the same. Thank you.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check the screen rotation lock switch on the side of your iPad --

ipad.jpg

elagrand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wi-Fi connecting ipad to existing network using airport express

Appeal to those who know

my ipad shows it found my existing wifi network, lists the IP address, submask, router, Dns

Is there anything else I need to do to make the connection work?

Most grateful for any step by step advice
Many thanks
Eddy in Portugal
(still no ipads for sale here in Portugal :confused:- got mine in the UK)

ValkXb70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I have a simple question :)

I have been able to send email from my iPad till this morning and I don't know what going on or why it doesn't work a MSG shows up and tell me that either my user name or my password are incorrect even that I'm sure that it is

I have tried delete my account and do it again, turn off my iPad but nothing changed

I can receive emails but can't send them it said that the smtp is either the user or password are incorrect
By the way I'm using hotmail , so help me pleas
:confused:

Same thing happened to me (again) this time after I upgraded to 4.0.21. Only now it cannot send using any SMTP server.

EDIT: I figured out my problem, I had to go into advanced smtp settings and change my password. For some reason the SMTP password was different than my receive password.

Last edited:

States

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know if there is a way to lock the screen rotation after upgrading to 4.2? Thanks.

ValkXb70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently that feature was removed. I really hope it gets put back, I know how to lower my volume, I don't need a separate mute switch.

EDIT: after typing that I looked on apples support forum. The screen can be locked. Press the home button twice, then scroll all the way to the left, and the option is there

Last edited:

Kellykelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whenever I go through my photos. My iPad switches off. Pls note I have 400-500 photos. Should I worry?

Most reactions

Latest posts