What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the iPad 5 Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the latest addition of iPadForums.net dedicated to news, rumors and discussions for Apple's 5th generation iPad, the iPad 5!

stil29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I was one of those who bought the ipad3 only to be accosted by the iPad4 a couple of months later. I also have a mini. So my quandary: do I buy the mini if it has a retina screen or do I go for the 5 which might only have a slight processor bump from the iPad4 I currently own?

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I was one of those who bought the ipad3 only to be accosted by the iPad4 a couple of months later. I also have a mini. So my quandary: do I buy the mini if it has a retina screen or do I go for the 5 which might only have a slight processor bump from the iPad4 I currently own?

I still have the iPad 3 and if there is a retina mini this year, I'm in for that no matter what the 5 does. Love the convenience of my Nexus 7 but prefer the iOS apps over the Android equivalents. I may even upgrade my iPhone 4S to the 5S for another reason to accumulate lightening adapters.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

If the next Mini proves to be not a second-tier product, then my 3rd gen iPad will be my last full-sized iPad...I will be buying Mini's from then on. Of course, I'll keep my 3nd Gen until it dies.

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know to this gen,but i really hope it's really worth the upgrade,unlike what they did on ipad 3 to 4.Atleast to put a very obvious or big differences.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I think it will, other than the usual spec updates that always happen, sounds like the next ipad will be significantly thinner and lighter on the physical aspects.

Trouble is, will the wife notice a sizeable dent in our household accounts if i decide to upgrade? And if she does, then what? It'd be rude just to abandon a new ipad would it not?

ljmart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well looks like i found the thread i was looking for! cant wait since im still on ipad 2. having major upgraditis!! release looking like sometime in september. just around the corner! yeeeeeeaaaaaaaa!! should be HUGE upgrade for me :D
does anyone have any other news on when in september?

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well looks like i found the thread i was looking for! cant wait since im still on ipad 2. having major upgraditis!! release looking like sometime in september. just around the corner! yeeeeeeaaaaaaaa!! should be HUGE upgrade for me :D
does anyone have any other news on when in september?

We never know when apple will release their new products until they send out invites to WWDC, usually 1-2 weeks before unveiling. The mini and iPad 4 were released in November, so that may be the new 'timetable' per se, which makes sense considering it'll be holiday season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts