What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird speakers sound level increase.

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something just slightly irritating and I am wondering if anyone else is noticing it. My iPad Air 2 is set to make a sound (play a sound effect) should a text arrive, an email, a message, news i.e. App dependent announcement etc... Problem is should I be listening (and watching) anything streamed (YouTube, my Local TV station etc) at really low volume using the internal speakers so i can't possibly annoy anyone and along comes a sound effect indicating something else has occurred, the stream audio drops down in level then returns to almost 100% full volume! I have to scrabble for the volume control buttons or suffer the wrath of any angry bed partner being woken up... Appreciate if anyone else is having this problem.... Thanks. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In Settings > Sounds, do you have the Change With Buttons switch turned on or off? I don't know why it would make a difference, but that would be my first experiment. With the switch turned off, notification volume and normal app volume should remain totally separate.

Also, while there was no mention of audio bugs, the iOS 9.1 update came out today. It might be worth a try.

The other things I would try would be the usual reset, and in this case Reset All Settings doesn't sound like a bad idea; annoying as it can be to have to re-tweak everything afterwards.

That's all I can think of.

Most reactions