What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Website looks different on ipad

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I did a side by side comparison and they look almost identical to me. (Windows 7 IE 8 vs iPad 4.2.1 Safari) There are some sites that check for mobile devices and when it finds one reverts to mobile content. That's why some are different. Could be what you are seeing...

JNMEATON

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree! Just like when you go to site on your phone it is set up for " mobile". My "I took this on my phone" is the same way.

lyndonaus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
website looks different

Over the holidays I received a very pleasant surprise, in the past, I have built 3 websites for various charitable organizations using CSS and W3C compliant Xhtml code.

Firstly, I discovered that the websites displayed perfectly on the iPad if in a slightly different format but surprise, surprise, they also displayed OK on a friend's iPhone (I don't own one).

Admittely, you had to zoom in to see what was what but then they were never designed for mobile appliances.

They are certainly usable with the iPad and that is something I never anticipated. :)

Not bad For a self taught 71yr old;)

Last edited:

Most reactions