What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webcam for iPad 1 yet?

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a lot of iPad first gens out there in perfect condition, no good reason to replace them, and those devices still need accessories.

The iPad can be jailbroken to do almost anything. Someone out there HAS to have figured out how to add an external webcam to the iPad 1 for Skyping and such. Be it through the camera connector adaptor, WiFi, BlueTooth, whatever.

PLEASE tell me some good news.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but there is no good news. No external web cam for the iPad1 exists. And, I'm afraid that as we moving further along as Apple keeps updating the iPad - the less interest there would be in developing such an accessory. Sorry.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid that if you want webcam ability on your iPad you will have to upgrade to an iPad 2 or 3.

OP
G

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, it just isn't cost effective to upgrade just to get the camera.

It's too bad. I still think there are more people out there with the iPad 1 who would rather pay about $50 for a camera and software, than upgrade to an iPad 2 or 3.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somebody here posted an external camera ( Mickey mouse design for kids) that can be connected to iPad 1. I just can't remember which thread it was.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
quake5254 said:
Somebody here posted an external camera ( Mickey mouse design for kids) that can be connected to iPad 1. I just can't remember which thread it was.

You have a good memory, quake5254. There was a thread regarding an external camera that attaches to the iPad. Here is a picture of this camera.

Attachments

• image-3171637737.jpg
    image-3171637737.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 5,065
OP
G

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
quake5254 said:
Thanks Matt. Owe you one.

Records stills only. No webcamming. Unfortunately, despite all the perfectly functioning ipad 1's out there, no one will write what is probably a very simple jailbreak to allow an external webcam to work. I bet you could sell it for $10 per download easily.

Last edited:

Most reactions