What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web Browsers

DUTCH VanAtlanta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Atomic is amazing and it can be changed through it's settings to appear as many other browsers including firefox. It is the only browser I use. Can't say enough good things about it. Try it out, you won't regret it.

Thanks for this tip. I downloaded it; and after trying, you cannot get me to go back to Safari.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this tip. I downloaded it; and after trying, you cannot get me to go back to Safari.
Amen to that. After reading the comments about Atomic, I broke my #1 rule and actually paid for an app!!! Gotta be the best 99¢ I have spent... lately!

OP
C

coastie 12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I think ActiveX may be the problem. I tried opera mini with no luck. Will give Atomic a try just due to all the suggestions. Love all the help. Keep it coming.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use atomic, do you have to identify as Safari iPad for sites written in HTML5 for the iPad to work?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's annoying that I set atomic browser to the gray safari theme and every time I start it up it takes a second to change from the default black theme...

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's annoying that I set atomic browser to the gray safari theme and every time I start it up it takes a second to change from the default black theme...

I'd suggest emailing the dev, Matt. He's usually quick to respond.

OP
C

coastie 12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, hit enter by mistake....as I was saying, the info collapses on itself with some "system" messages. The same thing happens using Safari on any computer. So the problem lies with Safari.

OP
C

coastie 12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok.....y'all ROCK! I set Atomic as Firefox 3 and it works like a champ!!!
Can't wait to learn more cool tricks. A million thanks to everyone! Bye bye Safari!

DUTCH VanAtlanta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok.....y'all ROCK! I set Atomic as Firefox 3 and it works like a champ!!!
Can't wait to learn more cool tricks. A million thanks to everyone! Bye bye Safari!

Atomic is definitely the browser that should have been provided as the standard browser. It is far superior to Safari and worth far more than the $.99 price tag to get it.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
With all the Atomic love (I have Atomic and Perfect, but use Safari) can you post on this forum with it? I can't... the box is grayed out and the keyboard won't even pop up..... That way on several sites where you input data.... if it worked I would use it, but it just doesn't for me.....

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is atomic a universal app, would love to see if it works for accessing work stuff also but don't have my iPad yet so was going to try on my iPhone. Are there separate versions for iPhone and iPad?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is atomic a universal app, would love to see if it works for accessing work stuff also but don't have my iPad yet so was going to try on my iPhone. Are there separate versions for iPhone and iPad?
Atomic is universal. I works on my iPad and iPod Touch.

Most reactions

Latest posts