What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web Browsers

coastie 12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new at this so if this has been discussed I apologize. I just got my new Ipad and love it. The only problem is that I need explorer or firefox to access my schedule at work (I am an airline pilot). Safari will not do it (and not only on the Ipad, but also my Imac). Does anyone have any info on either of those browsers or any substitution? I would hate to have to carry a separate computer just for that one function.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on what setup is being used for your schedule. If it is on Outlook, or some other program, you may still be able to use your iPad without much issue. As an example, my work calendar, e-mail, and contacts are on Outlook at work, yet I can access them automatically on my iPad. There are other web browsers available, but I do not know anything about them or if they would resolve your problem.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's just a matter of the website complaining you don't have a supported browser, Atomic can report that it is many different browsers.

OP
C

coastie 12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My problem stems from Safari not having something. i can't use it on any computer. However Explorer and Firefox work fine. Looks like I'm out of luck until Apple allows Firefox for Ipad. I was hoping there might be some random browser out there that might work.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atomic is amazing and it can be changed through it's settings to appear as many other browsers including firefox. It is the only browser I use. Can't say enough good things about it. Try it out, you won't regret it.

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atomic Web Browser and Perfect Browser are two great browsers that can both spoof a website into thinking you're running Firefox, IE, etc. Try those out and see if they suit your needs. ;o

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You might also try Opera for iPhone. It will look terrible because its an iPhone browser, but if it works, it might be better than nothing.

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atomic is the best for me. I am using Safari on my Vista PC for the past year. Importing the bookmarks from the PC was so easy. I think the iPad Safari sucks.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You could also try CloudBrowse since that one will even render flash pages(remotely).

The only problem is that cloudbrowse would not be a secure thing to use if your work requres your calendar and everything to be access securely. The way cloudbrowse and Opera Mini work is by haveing a remote machine on there end access the webpage and then send you a filtered or streamed version of it.

As for those suggestions to use Atomic Browser, it most likely will not work. It can fake the website into thinking its a different browser but if the website is useing something thats not supported in safari it wont work. Example: tricking a site into thinking you have firefox wont make flash on a page start working.

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked in apps and looks like cloud browse is not available for the iPad, just iPod or iPhone.. I would like to use CB so I can see Vids w/flash!

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sounds like the website might use an ActiveX control, in which case you're out off luck.

Have you asked the IT folks at work?

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess you could use LogMeIn or another remote desktop application to access your home computer, until you can find a solution that runs direct from the iPad.

Just a thought....

Most reactions