What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A Clear night to watch the Peach drop[emoji2]
be9bff5ecee3625220fdaf82d19a9740.jpg

Sent from my Gold iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's our weather forecast in Adelaide, a bit "cooler" than what we've had in the last few days:
image.jpg

The problem though is that we've had some horrendous fires in the Adealaide hills...the Fire Service is still coming to grips with them now
This will give you some idea:
image.jpg

We live close to the foothills and have had the smell of smoke in the house for over a day although that is easing now with the recirculating airconditioning doing its filtering job.
Never in any danger, just feeling sorry for the people who have lost their homes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 261

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's our weather forecast in Adelaide, a bit "cooler" than what we've had in the last few days:
View attachment 62131
The problem though is that we've had some horrendous fires in the Adealaide hills...the Fire Service is still coming to grips with them now
This will give you some idea:
View attachment 62132

We live close to the foothills and have had the smell of smoke in the house for over a day although that is easing now with the recirculating airconditioning doing its filtering job.
Never in any danger, just feeling sorry for the people who have lost their homes.
Stay safe.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We've been down and up here in freehold. A few days ago it was in the 20s today it's supposed to go into the 60s. Interesting weather.

Bobbi

GDsunshine

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We don't have snow it melted all on new year day [emoji4] strong wind is what we have [emoji20]
5c7d234fb930755b0ac7d19552905de3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
An update on our weather today and the bushfires still raging in the Mount Lofty Ranges, or The Adelaide Hills as we call them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420437232.878525.jpg

Here's the weather chart, a little "cooler" today but still about 70 degrees centigrade warmer than scifan has per his post/weather chart above.:) .... That's a difference of over 150 degrees fahrenheit! (I feel cooler already writing this:))

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420437381.777642.jpg

The fires are still raging in the hills and are far from being controlled. But the wind continues to shift direction and the acrid smell of smoke over Adelaide and suburbs is still with us but not as bad today compared to last Saturday.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420437929.750484.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420438229.591860.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420438257.993525.jpg

It's been heart breaking for those people who have lost their homes and possessions as they were forced to evacuate quickly without more than the clothes on their backs. Two homes were lost by local Emergency Fire Volunteers who were away saving other peoples' homes from destruction, not realising their own homes were being gutted.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420438299.620908.jpg

A sad part of this is the destruction of wildlife who were forced to flee the fast-moving fire fronts. Many kangaroos are reported to be killed and dozens of koalas, many with painful injuries are sighted on suburban properties looking for shelter and water.
The emu chicks above were lucky though, being shepherded away by a cluey dad.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420438669.633846.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420438684.126168.jpg

Many sad stories in a series of reported horrors. These dogs are some of those saved from a dog and cat boarding kennels business. It's not clear but it appears the owners may have left the property without unlocking the cages and kennels. All cats perished and only about a dozen dogs were saved by fire fighters....here being looked after.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420439134.651648.jpg

We live close to the foothills and in no danger whatever. The smoke that we can still smell as the winds continue to shift is a reminder of the huge battles being fought by the brave and exhausted fire fighters, including contingents from New South Wales and from Victoria in which state many of them were just recently fighting their own bush fires.
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
An update on our weather today and the bushfires still raging in the Mount Lofty Ranges, or The Adelaide Hills as we call them.

View attachment 62154
Here's the weather chart, a little "cooler" today but still about 70 degrees centigrade warmer than scifan has per his post/weather chart above.:) .... That's a difference of over 150 degrees fahrenheit! (I feel cooler already writing this:))

View attachment 62155
The fires are still raging in the hills and are far from being controlled. But the wind continues to shift direction and the acrid smell of smoke over Adelaide and suburbs is still with us but not as bad today compared to last Saturday.

View attachment 62156
View attachment 62157
View attachment 62158
It's been heart breaking for those people who have lost their homes and possessions as they were forced to evacuate quickly without more than the clothes on their backs. Two homes were lost by local Emergency Fire Volunteers who were away saving other peoples' homes from destruction, not realising their own homes were being gutted.

View attachment 62159
A sad part of this is the destruction of wildlife who were forced to flee the fast-moving fire fronts. Many kangaroos are reported to be killed and dozens of koalas, many with painful injuries are sighted on suburban properties looking for shelter and water.

View attachment 62160
View attachment 62161
Many sad stories in a series of reported horrors. These dogs are some of those saved from a dog and cat boarding kennels business. It's not clear but it appears the owners may have left the property without unlocking the cages and kennels. All cats perished and only about a dozen dogs were saved by fire fighters....here being looked after.

View attachment 62162
We live close to the foothills and in no danger whatever. The smoke that we can still smell as the winds continue to shift is a reminder of the huge battles being fought by the brave and exhausted fire fighters, including contingents from New South Wales and from Victoria in which state many of them were just recently fighting their own bush fires.
Andrew

If I could send you some of my snow, I'd do so, it would help put out those devastating fires. I pray that the firefighters get control of this fire as soon as possible.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I could send you some of my snow, I'd do so, it would help put out those devastating fires. I pray that the firefighters get control of this fire as soon as possible.
Thanks scifan, that would certainly help.:)
Those firefighters, including contingents flown in to help from other states are certainly coming across as real heroes. It looks like they are beginning to talk about containing the overall outer perimeter while continuing to fight flare-ups within, closer to towns.
And the best news is that there is a cool change coming in with rain forecast on Thursday... as per this forecast:
image.jpg

In addition to reading that 32 homes have been lost so far, and a number of fire fighters injured mainly through smoke inhalation, I also find it sad reading about the traumas suffered by the many animals that live in the Adelaide Hills.
Here are a couple of pictures from our morning newspaper:

image.jpg

Normally these animals would flee when approached, but it's amazing how they seem to feel a helping help extended to them at such a time of strife. This kangaroo was found in a surban back yard, not far from our place

image.jpg

I don't blame this little guy for feeling a bit grumpified. He made the mistake of running up a gum tree with a fire approaching and got his ears singed for his trouble.:mad:
Andrew

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 237

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here comes the COLD....
75c00a47e186b1f8b066af2cd9fb7f24.jpg

Sent from my Gold iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 62154

View attachment 62155

View attachment 62156
View attachment 62157
View attachment 62158

View attachment 62159

View attachment 62160
View attachment 62161

View attachment 62162
Andrew

Gosh Andrew...I had a moment to cruise the forum for a moment and saw your post. Those pictures are just gut-wrenching and do hope that it comes to an end soon. Mother Nature when she is angry can sure cause for disastrous times. Take care.

Ski ~

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gosh Andrew...I had a moment to cruise the forum for a moment and saw your post. Those pictures are just gut-wrenching and do hope that it comes to an end soon. Mother Nature when she is angry can sure cause for disastrous times. Take care.

Ski ~
Thanks ski, we're advised it's all "95% contained" and the recent rains definitely helped with that. But now we're told the rains in the next two days will be so severe in the mid-north of the state that people should prepare for severe floods. The emergency services crews are now forgetting fire fighting and are preparing sand bags for certain towns.
Mother nature has sure got it in for South Australia:eek:.
Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts