What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather network app no longer working

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there--welcome!

Not sure if you have done some of the other immediate fixes...but give this a try for when an app begins to act up.

Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well that's strange. You have deleted/reinstalled the app, force closed the app, restarted and also reset your iPad with no help.

Have you contacted the developers? What do mean its not working? How so?

Sewbear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started having same problem yesterday with the WeatherEye Hd app crashing (after it worked fine earlier in the day) and husbands IPad (also a 2) started having the same crashing problem when you try and open - have tried all suggested fixes but no luck - have sent a note to support reporting it and hoping they come out with an update fix very soon!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I started having same problem yesterday with the WeatherEye Hd app crashing (after it worked fine earlier in the day) and husbands IPad (also a 2) started having the same crashing problem when you try and open - have tried all suggested fixes but no luck - have sent a note to support reporting it and hoping they come out with an update fix very soon!

That is great to hear. Let is know what comes of it, alright, Sewbear!

OP
S

Sousou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It starts to load but then crashes. I have been using it daily for 6 months without any prior problems. It is WeatherEyeHD. I haven't tried contacting the developers I shall try that.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that would be the best move there. Like what Sewbear has said, they made be due for a major update with constant crashing.

Sewbear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All seems to be working ok just now on the Weather Eye HD app - so must've been something happening at "their end" that is now fixed! Hope everyone else with same problem has theirs working now too.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All seems to be working ok just now on the Weather Eye HD app - so must've been something happening at "their end" that is now fixed! Hope everyone else with same problem has theirs working now too.

I am wondering of all the bad storms in the US has anything to do with this. Lots of servers were down the last week.

Dkl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issues here - app appears to start loading then crashes. Have tried removing app and re-installing, turning iPad off then on again, then holding home and power button to reset all to no avail. iPad 3 16Gb. Will be contacting developers tonight

Popeyepad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there--welcome!

Not sure if you have done some of the other immediate fixes...but give this a try for when an app begins to act up.

Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!
Obviously it was the app’s problem and the developer has fixed it. I’ve done nothing new and it just started working.

Most reactions