What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather apps

Terryj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPod touch 4th gen (or is it 3rd), that came with a weather app. I want that on my ipad2. I don't live in the sticks but i haven't found a weather app that actually has my town. I can't get any closer than about 40 miles away. The one that's on the touch has my town. Does anyone know what app it is?

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use accuweather
We call it inaccuweather
Sometimes it's forecasting rain and thunder and it's clear blue sky
The wind direction seems to be right but the strength is always wrong
Try another

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't you just look at the name of the app on your iTouch? :confused:

The touch weather app comes preloaded from Apple. Its name is "Weather," lol. You can't get it for iPad, which is a bummer, because I like it better than paid weather apps.

I use AccuWeather on iPad, because the interface is nice and simple. Most weather apps I've seen are overloaded with information, IMO. I just want the temperature and sun, rain or snow. I don't want to study climatology. :D

Unlike Julie, I've not had trouble with AccuWeather being off by much. If I did, I'd stop using it.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It may be because the place we are in at present is remote.
I do believe the major towns in larger countries are more accurate.
No sure really

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Weather Channel is the only app I've found that can actaully add my little 4000+ rural town. The predictions are (slightly) different for the nearest city (Walla Walla) so there is at least some localization going on.

Most reactions

Latest posts