What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weak wireless on ipad 2

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The original iPad launched with a wifi reception issue which was fixed in a subsequent OS update.

My ipad1, ipad2 and iphone 4 all show the same wifi behavior so maybe this is a carrier specific problem?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have not updated the os yet. Not sure if an update would change the wifi issue.

@Tim : off subject, but do you leave your cellular data turned on all the time or do u just turn it on when you do not have wifi around. I have been wondering how much usage I will get with network data on and receiving push messages at night and through out the day if i wasn't around wifi.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

You can leave 3G on 24/7 if there's WiFi. The iPad always uses WiFi in preference to 3G. The only issue is when the WiFi link goes down unexpectedly - the iPad will automatically switch to 3G and doesn't tell you. I have an unlimited 3G package, so I don't really care...:)

Tim
Scotland

Viper272

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was what I was hoping.. But ipad2 is loosing connection where ipad1 is still connected in my house. And yes they are on the same network. Neighbours live to far away to receive any signal from any of them.

It IS an wifi issue with the ipad2 compared to ipad1!

The ipad1 even have a case and ipad2 not!

As we found out from Apple during the iPhone4 "antenna-gate" episode, the bars are just graphics and can be set to anything the manufacturer wants. It really has little to do with actual reception.

It's kind of like having a guitar amp that's louder because the volume knob goes to 11. :)

Deltmi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel like my ipad 2 gets worse wi-fi reception than my ipod touch (3rd Gen) at home. I lose reception more often on my ipad than my ipod.

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never lost wifi on my iPad 1 or iPhone 4....

willyarnold

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I am having this same problem. In many places where my iPod touch barely connects, my new iPad 2 doesn't even see the signal. This is a repeatable, consistent issue I have noticed. I hope that there is some solution.

Gr8estlife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I am having this same problem. In many places where my iPod touch barely connects, my new iPad 2 doesn't even see the signal. This is a repeatable, consistent issue I have noticed. I hope that there is some solution.

I too have this problem. My iPhone has a terrific wifi reception but my ipad2 won't connect to my home wireless system unless I'm right within the same room......my iPhone and laptops will connect and work great out in the drive if I want them to. this cannot be right!

TomH309

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Running iOS 5.0.1 on iPad
Was Xmas gift
Using Verizon WiFi
both at my home and at my son's
Our routers are in the basement.
Never had a prob. Using iPad anywhere "upstairs"
Happy surfing !
73's for now.

ODB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seen many say this my iPad 2 is ok inside but doestnt conect well in the garden where my old iPhone connects bit of a fail from a
500 pound bit of kit

Most reactions

Latest posts