What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Wireless Video??

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will also double post this in the help section.

Have numerous video's on my iPad 2. I am presently using a 15ft. HDMI cable and iPad adaptor to watch the videos on the large screen LCD.

Anyone know of a wireless alternative? A device to plug in the HDMI on the stereo/TV that will allow the iPad to communicate with it to watch the video wirelessly?

Thanks.

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I note you have posted this same comment in three threads. Please do not cross post. I am deleting the other two.

OP
dssxxxx

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you delete them?

When members visit the forum, they do not go to every section to look at the threads.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Apple Tv using airplay (either mirroring or if the app supports it).

Most (all?) forums have a no crossposting rule, all it does is litter the forum with the same questions thru out the place and can annoy other members meaning you don't get any answer at all.

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why would you delete them?

When members visit the forum, they do not go to every section to look at the threads.

As noted in rule # 4

4. Create threads in the proper forum. Threads created and posted in the wrong forum are subject to deletion. One thread on the same topic or question, posted in multiple forums, is also subject to deletion.

OP
dssxxxx

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Tv using airplay (either mirroring or if the app supports it).

Most (all?) forums have a no crossposting rule, all it does is litter the forum with the same questions thru out the place and can annoy other members meaning you don't get any answer at all.

OK......I buy Apple TV.

How does this work with the iPad for viewing videos?

Thank you.

OP
dssxxxx

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK.......so it will work basically the same as Tivo with Netflix. I have Tivo's connected to all the TV's in NJ wirelessly. I would connect the Apple device to a HDMI connection on the TV and then connect through the wireless router (which the iPad automatically connects when in the house) and then the iPad will find the Apple device and play the video.

Same scenario in FL where I just have wireless internet.

True?

Thanks, again.

OP
dssxxxx

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great.

Problem solved and can get rid of the HDMI wires running from the TV to the iPad.

Thank you very much.

Most reactions

Latest posts