What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need help!

rburckhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I just purchased a new iPad 2 a week or so ago. Up until yesterday about all we did was play games on it. Yesterday, we used the overdrive application to go to our county library in OH and check out an ebook. I believe we downloaded it to our browser (neither one of us are in any way tech savvy). My wife read her ebook for awhile, then later I went to the games section. Bad news is - now we can't find her library book anywhere! I'm sure it's there somewhere - anybody have a SIMPLE answer for a couple of simpletons!
Thanks!
Dick

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My wife and I just purchased a new iPad 2 a week or so ago. Up until yesterday about all we did was play games on it. Yesterday, we used the overdrive application to go to our county library in OH and check out an ebook. I believe we downloaded it to our browser (neither one of us are in any way tech savvy). My wife read her ebook for awhile, then later I went to the games section. Bad news is - now we can't find her library book anywhere! I'm sure it's there somewhere - anybody have a SIMPLE answer for a couple of simpletons!
Thanks!
Dick

I think it should be in your kindle app?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks!
Dick

Hi, and welcome to the forum! It's good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visits.

That book will be inside your Overdrive app. Yeah, you used a web browser to get the book - but it was all still within the Overdrive app.

You should be able to open the Overdrive app and the book will be right there, ready for you to press on it and start reading. At least, that's how my Overdrive app behaves... :)

Hopefully, that'll fix it. If yes, yay! If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. That's weird. This is what I see when I open Overdrive (got the book the other day and am actively reading it):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364320221.161814.jpg

Are you at this screen when you go to read the book? Cause I've really got nothing else - cause I've never not had the book there.

Marilyn

OP
R

rburckhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn,
I just clicked on the Overdrive icon again, and what comes up is a "Welcome to Overdrive Media Console." When I click on the links at the bottom (recent-title-expiration), nothing happens. Here's what happened yesterday: my wife was reading her book and had put the iPad aside to do something else. I came along and wanted to play a game, so if I remember right, I hit the "Home" button to get to the desktop icons, then clicked on the "games" icon. Since then, no book!

The rest of the story...Just to see what would happen, I went to the "get books", went to "pick a library," went to our county library, brought up the book, clicked on "read it in your browser" then clicked on "go to bookshelf" and guess what? There it was book marked where Vicki left off. Guess we need to know what to do when we leave the reading part and go to the games or whatever.
Thanks!
Dick

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try going back to the library via the Overdrive app. If I remember correctly, there is an option, when you first borrow the book, to read it in your browser (as in, not download it to your device).

So, if she went back to the library from where she got the book and signed in - maybe the book is in her account for reading via a web browser. Have her look in her checked out section, under her account.

Overdrive's READ function is brand new - so I don't fully get it. I do know that when you select that - the book is not downloaded on the device, you have to use a browser (I think, any browser).

So, try that?

Marilyn

OP
R

rburckhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahh! Thank you Miss Marilyn! Makes sense if we just clicked on the "read" button and didn't actually download it, it wouldn't be there! If we switch to games, etc. later, I'm sure we'll lose it again, but when we go back to the library and bring it up next time, we will definitely choose a download option. If for some reason this doesn't work tomorrow, I'll update you. Thank you!
Dick & Vicki

Most reactions

Latest posts