What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waterproof Case for Apple iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
waterproof does not have to mean air tight. There are materials out there that allow air movement, while keeping things dry. And some waterproof cases have one-way vents in them.

Truth is I've bought alot of otterbox products and never had an issue. They do make great quality products and I would definitely get one for my 3G since I plan to take that thing everywhere.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
waterproof does not have to mean air tight. There are materials out there that allow air movement, while keeping things dry. And some waterproof cases have one-way vents in them.

I've bought a bunch of their products and I will definitely get one for my 3G since I plan to take it everywhere. I have squaretrade by the way.

Brodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Watertight hard shell

What I'm looking for is a hard shell that is totally water tight. The 30 pin connector must fit as well as the headphone jack. These cords must also enter the case leak free. The case must be rigid enough for mounting on a stand from the back side. The front must have a membrane for using the touch screen. One other thing, it will be used in a harsh environment. The iPad must be kept comfortable for it to work. This would involve actively cooling or heating the case.

Anyone know of such a thing?

Brodie

Cathie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used the Trendy digital for my Kindle when lounging in the pool and they work great. I lost a classic iPod in the pool in a cheap baggie and learned a valuable lesson. I've played with the idea of zip locking my iPad but no, I won' t do that again. I'm getting a trendy digital like the one showm above. I've tested them and know for a fact they are waterproof. They are extremely well made.

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do find my self in Bondi beach much of my weekends, only ever used the DryCase mentioned above.

Works well for me. Can plug in ear phones and fully play around with the device.

:) I can personally recommend :)

Sean Lucas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOW that sounds interesting, please tell me can I take my iPad in swimming pool by covering with that cover? Because we have to took photos with my friends in pool, if it is possible that its amazing.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is over 2 years old and the cases recommended are no longer available. The best advice I can give you is to post in the iPad Accessories section to ask about current iPad cases.

With that, this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts