What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad waterproof case...

BassGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what people would use it for....maybe I could use it while fishing? :D

41jbESCthtL._SS400_.jpg

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/TrendyDigital-WaterGuard-Waterproof-Cover-Border/dp/B00373LR68/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269011366&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: TrendyDigital WaterGuard Waterproof Case, Waterproof Cover for Apple iPad, Blue Border: Electronics[/ame]

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw that...ridiculous....gonna be many deep sea divers using their ipad?

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I was going fishing, hiking or any outdoor activity my iPad will be in some type of waterproof container in case I get dunked or caught in a rainstorm. Maybe just a zip lock bag but something.

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Imagine that, 19.99 for a blue modified zip-loc bag.

I guess the blue color reminds you the iPad is not microwavable :D

We may need a hall of shame well after April 3rd to shed light on items that meant well, but not well purchased. ;-)

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that thing, no matter how functional it is, is as ugly as... as... just plain ugly.

Something to keep in mind too, Apple themselves are banning glass protectors in all the Apple Stores for iPhones due to service complaints arising from their use and over heat issues on iPhones, I think too for future iPad protection as well.

I see this thing as a greenhouse effect for the iPad more so than protecting it.

Any one also from the days of cassette micro players and Walkman's near beaches, knows all too well, water sand and gadgets don't mix very well. :(

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any one also from the days of cassette micro players and Walkman's near beaches, knows all too well, water sand and gadgets don't mix very well. :(

AbblePC

I do remember the cassette players & walkmans - "we" are showing our ages tho! :D And that would be high school class of 85'

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do remember the cassette players & walkmans - "we" are showing our ages tho! :D And that would be high school class of 85'

Class of 84 for me :)

But I used to have to service them, I was working in a Hi Fi service shop at the time and constantly had people coming back from vacation, "I was at the beach and now all the sudden my Walkman doesn't auto reverse anymore!"

Like oh really, I wonder why, complete deck replacement and $180 later they were ready for the next water park adventure. :p

Most reactions