What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moxiware WP case

Waterproof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so disappointed in this product I registered here for the purpose of warning others.

I received the Moxiware WP case after a 4 week delay. They did offer to refund my money after the second week but I chose to proceed(my mistake)
The problems with the case are as follows;

You cannot turn the iPad off when it is in the case. You can on the much more expensive tank case. This lack of feature is not on their site and the only video is of the tank case (where they show it being turned off and on)

You have to use small silicone blocks to fit the iPad inside the case. They are clumsy and move around inside because the back of the case is so flimsy and holds nothing in-place. The only video available is the tank case and the iPad just drops into a secure fit on that one.

The iPad has to be removed from the case for charging. The unit is advertised for use on boats. If you remove the iPad in a marine (or dusty) environment you then subject it to the elements the case is supposed to protect it from.

Repeated removal from the case and trying to get the crude silicone blocks in-place creates a lot of wear on the Ipad.

The function of the case is difficult, hard to open and shut. Not a problem if you can leave the iPad inside the case, but you have to take it out for charging.

The back of the case has no support for the ipad and is made of a clear thin material similar to the front. It is subject to penetration by any sharp edge and that is not a good thing in a "waterproof case". This is not obvious on the website.

It feels insubstantial and flimsy. I have had it fail when everything didn't line up exactly right. That in itself is difficult, all four corner blocks need to be perfectly positioned or it won't close. They do give one small piece of paper to test the waterproofing. Not helpful when you have to remove the unit on a regular basis for charging.

Its hard to return the product it as it comes from Europe, the cost cuts into an already bad investment.

I don't want to sell it online, I would just be handing this piece of badly designed, falsly advertised rubbish on to someone else. I guess it could be a suitable product for around a pool or a day at the beach. But they advertise it for boat use and have accessory brackets specifically made for that. it is totally unsuited to any long term marine environment use because of the constant exposure the Ipad will get to the salt air when it is out of the case.

I can see why they neglect to have an instruction video on their site for this particular unit. If anyone saw how hard it is to use and the lack of features it would drastically reduce sales.

I have used the Lifeproof iPhone system for awhile and I have never had to remove the phone from the waterproof case.They are bringing out an iPad case. I will be waiting for that one.

Mksanva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well looks like someone has not read the description correctly.
I have bought one and I'm very pleased with it and got exactly what I expected. They have a ton of photos of the case on their site.
I got mine the same week I bought it so they certainly don't ship from Europe.
What can I say I'm happy with mine.

monterey1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read the reviews listed above just after I placed my order, I was concerned and even thought about cancelling the order.....I am glad that I didn't!!
I completely agree with Mksanve! I just received the Moxiware WP case and universal mount, they are exactly as shown on the website.
I ordered these items on Monday and they were delivered by Thursday.
The outside case is constructed of hard plastic and the snaps take a little to open and close but I believe that you want the case to be sturdy and the snaps closing tightly. As for the face and back of the case....yes they could be penetrated with a sharip object but so could the face of your Ipad.....you just need to be a little careful. The ipad is secured by 4 silicone blocks in each corner....there was no difficulty installing the ipad, in fact, I laid it flat on the table and placed the ipad in the case closed the snaps and was able to use with no problem.

As for charging.....the ipad battery has a long life and therefore I would not have to take it out to charge until I was on land or not using it for boating.

The mount fits on the case very well and is easy to use!

I am extremely happy with my purchase and the price is great too!!!

Happy Boating All!!

Most reactions