What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching HQ videos

rap_0228

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
I wondered if there is an app there that can support both 1080p and .mkv video files?
I have VLC, it plays .mkv but not good with 1080p.
I have GoodReader, which plays good 1080p but does not support .mkv.
Can you help me please?
Thank you!!

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know AVPlayerHD supports .mkv very well with my 720p files, but can not comment on the 1080p.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Search the app store for Air Media Center. I use it to stream my music, video and photos from the PC to my iPad, iPhone and then AirPlay over to my TV. I had a read on their website but cannot see what the max resolution is thou. My TV is older and only supports 720p so I am not sure if this will do 1080p but it will handle all the video types you are after.

dumchidumchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently tried few video player apps on my new iPad. AV player HD, EC player, Buzz player HD, ACE player and OPlayer HD...all of them have problems playing back 1080p Mkv. The best solution right now, IMO, is to stream the HD videos from the computer to iPad. I have used Air Playit to stream 1080p Mkv to iPad with very good result. The app is free. Give it a try.

PS. I have asked the developers for the video player apps mentioned above about the possibility of adding Quad Core GPU HD video decoding support in the future. Only OPlayer people responded saying they are planning to add this feature in an update soon.

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very good information. Which one crashes less on ipad 2 or 3 during play?

dumchidumchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only have the new iPad here. None of the video player crashed during playback of 1080p Mkv. Just none of them playback smoothly...video stutter, audio out of sync, etc. I think they might be able to playback a low bit rate Mkv smoothly. But from the stuff I tried, none of them gave a result I like.

I hope we will see some development in utilizing the the new iPad Quad Core GPU in decoding HD video soon.

reggie_b

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help me update my apps?..it says that i dont have enough space

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reggie_b said:
Can someone help me update my apps?..it says that i dont have enough space

just take out your music or converted it to aac in itunes to reduce it to 1/3 of the total space of music. remove big apps that you don't use

Most reactions