What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warning: Ipad pro 10.5 has all rough edges. It scratches.

Does your Ipad pro 10.5 have rough edges? Rough enough to scratch your palms?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DONT KNOW

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lairdwh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered it the first day it was released. I've had it 5 days. It hurts my palms. !!! The edges, especially the corners feel rough. They scratch my palms as I hold it. I am thinking that that the first batch was rushed out the door, and I got the first of many bad ones.

Does anybody else have this problem? There have to be others.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple does have a 15 day return policy if you want to exchange it for another one.

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Posting here will not help you. Let Apple know now, they are the only people that can replace your iPad not this forum. It will also give them cause for concern no doubt.
I'm guessing the last thing they need right now is a bunch of unsatisfactorily product on the market.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Posting here will not help you. Let Apple know now, they are the only people that can replace your iPad not this forum. It will also give them cause for concern no doubt.
I'm guessing the last thing they need right now is a bunch of unsatisfactorily product on the market.

I agree and disagree in that I appreciate the info. My wife has a 10.5 being delivered tomorrow and this is something I want to quickly compare to her current 9.7. If the edges happen to be sharp then for sure we will return it but had the OP not posted then I would have not known to even look for it and it would have gone straight in her new Logitech keyboard case.

So if it's going in a case then why would sharp edges matter? Well if this does turn out to be a "you're holding your phone wrong" kind of issue and we aren't aware in time then I'll possibly take a hit when it's time for eBay next year when the 10.5 round 2 comes out. ;)

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Slight misunderstanding here, l was replying to the OP

No problem as I knew who you were replying to. I totally agreed with the part about the OP letting Apple know as only Apple can fix the guy's issue. I disagreed with the part about posting here will not help you.

I disagreed because forums are for people to come and post issues. Now granted this may/may not be a bogus issue and time will tell, especially if no one else complains about this issue.

And yes it is always strange to me when someone joins a forum just to post something of this nature, especially with the comment, "I got the first of many bad ones."

I did a google search as there are several other iPad forums on the web and no one else has mentioned this so it is obviously not widespread if an issue at all.

So anyway I hope my take doesn't upset you but I feel the OP had the right to post and I will check my wife's 10.5 when it arrives hopefully later today.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered it the first day it was released. I've had it 5 days. It hurts my palms. !!! The edges, especially the corners feel rough. They scratch my palms as I hold it. I am thinking that that the first batch was rushed out the door, and I got the first of many bad ones.

Does anybody else have this problem? There have to be others.

First of all, welcome to the forum! Maybe a good case will solve that issue? I never use mine without a case.

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi l just got a little confused, the reason l said that posting here will not help you was, that l got the impression that time was passing by and from reading post 2 from scifan57 Apple would take it back from you.

I guess all phone makers invest lots of money in their products, this just happens to be an Apple forum no more no less.

I know people that Use iPad tablets but Android phones that's life, they say it's more flexible.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes sir I've got an Android phone to go with my iPad tablet and while I do like both platforms sometimes it would sure be nice to be able to airdrop between the 2 and all the other benefits that Apple to Apple brings to the table.

FWIW - I stay confused :D

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm I never heard of a ipad with rough edges. I know my mini 2 was smooth when I got it. I don't know anything about the pro or this issue.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm I never heard of a ipad with rough edges. I know my mini 2 was smooth when I got it. I don't know anything about the pro or this issue.
The join between the case and the screen has been similar in all iPad models except the iPad 1, which used clips to hold the screen to the case.

Most reactions

Latest posts