What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to keep photo folders on iPad

deonholt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all and thank you so long for you help.

I have a folder on my PC under the pictures library, called "China" from my recent visit there. Under this "main" folder, I have sub-folders named after some places I have visited.

I have just uploaded these pictures via iTunes on my iPad 2, but the sub-folders were not respected. iTunes has dumped all the pictures in one folder called "China".
How do I keep the folder structure in tact when synching folders and sub-folders to my iPad?

Regards,
Deon

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I keep the folder structure in tact when synching folders and sub-folders to my iPad?

This can't be done with the iPad photos app.
It's a pathetic excuse for software.

You may be able to find an app in the app store that will do what you need.
I use Picasa to upload my photos/folders and have the Picasa app on my iPad.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the installed Photos app, you can have many folders but as Kingsmuse says, none of them can have sub-folders. You have to create all folders on your computer and then sync it via iTunes. Most people agree this is a PITA, and the solution is one of the 3rd-party apps available in the App Store.

There are quite a few other threads on this topic if you have a browse around this forum.

Welcome to IPF! :)

OP
D

deonholt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for both replies. Then I need to check out Picasa.

On my PC I do have the main folder with sub-folders but when synching iTunes throws them all in the main folder and drop the sub-folders.

Thank you once again for your help in assisting me.

Regards,
Deon

Most reactions

Latest posts