What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want bidirectional sync of photos to PC

ccoates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have several large directories of photos on my PC. I need to sort them and get rid of duplicates and junk photos. I want to do the sorting on my ipad. I can use iTunes to sync a directory of photos to my ipad but after sorting there is no way, that I know of to get the cleaned up photo directory to the PC. I thought about using Dropbox, but much of the time I will be sorting I will not have Internet available. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ccoates said:
I have several large directories of photos on my PC. I need to sort them and get rid of duplicates and junk photos. I want to do the sorting on my ipad. I can use iTunes to sync a directory of photos to my ipad but after sorting there is no way, that I know of to get the cleaned up photo directory to the PC. I thought about using Dropbox, but much of the time I will be sorting I will not have Internet available. Any suggestions?
Thanks

If you sync your photos to your iPad you will not be able to delete them from there. Sorry.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What about transferring the photos to the iPad via a third party app like Photo Transfer App? The files are then not linked to the iTunes sync. I'm going to test that when I get a chance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
GoodReader has the ability to sync with DropBox folders. There are several sync controls. You can set your syncing up in several ways, including a full bi-directional sync.

It's a manual sync though. You have to tap Sync in GoodReader each time you want changes to propagate each way; which isn't all bad.

I tried it by setting my Photos folder in DropBox to sync. Subfolders were handled and I added, moved, renamed, and deleted files with no problem.

GoodReader's main emphasis is on PDF files, but it's a jack of all trades that can view and organize most media types. There is probably a better app out there somewhere for exactly what you want, but if you can't find it GoodReader should do the job.

It will also sync with Box, if you have that cloud service.

Most reactions

Latest posts