What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want a custom paint job for your iPad?

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have some extra $ lying around and you want to make your iPad more unique, ColorWare may be the answer. They will give your iPad a custom paint job. A little too pricey for me, but still cool.

Design your custom paint job here.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biWNlmUVjjE&feature=player_embedded"]ColorWare Video[/ame]

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
only $400....LOL.

Painting aluminum doesn't seem very smart does it?

Do they replace the body or just paint it? What kind of paint wouldn't chip off....and doesn't it take like 4 weeks to get it back?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
only $400....LOL.

Do they replace the body or just paint it? What kind of paint wouldn't chip off....and doesn't it take like 4 weeks to get it back?
Prepwork is the secret to painting metal. And then a protective finish like a clear polyurethane to coat it all helps keep it unscathed. But you still have to care for it like any car finish. A little wax maybe!:D

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
only $400....LOL.

Prepwork is the secret to painting metal. And then a protective finish like a clear polyurethane to coat it all helps keep it unscathed. But you still have to care for it like any car finish. A little wax maybe!:D

Wouldn't even be able to see it if (and why wouldn't you ) you case your iPad...lol

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
only $400....LOL.

Wouldn't even be able to see it if (and why wouldn't you ) you case your iPad...lol
True but as any jewel you got to take it out sometimes!:p

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like mine just the way apple made it...they did it right..why change it?

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think it is beautiful. I would totally do it if the price was not so prohibitive and I did not have two burning concerns.

1. The Ipad's Warranty
2. Transmission of wireless signal

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh yeah,

For those that don't get then it was not meant for you. Don't crap on the idea or the concept that different people like different things. Image is big to me, not $400.00 big, but important none the less. I live in Miami where everyone drives $100,000 dollar cars even if they work at McDonalds. :D

Don't hate because we also have the hottest women. I digress

Most reactions