What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VLC - Reclaim Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneofmanydavids

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a bit of a problem.

Back when it was in the app store, I installed VLC on my iPad. VLC was subsequently removed from the app store. I recently upgraded my iPad OS to iOS 5. I can no longer access VLC. But all of the video files (about 5Gb) are still on my iPad (as can be seen on the iTunes interface which shows space used etc.)

How can I reclaim that space i.e. delete the movie files? I understand why this has happened. iPad has space hived off for each application and does not use a file-browser. What I am looking for is a solution (if any). I’m hoping to resolve this without having to jailbreak my device.

Thanks

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is great, isn't it! No, you do not need to jailbreak at all to use it.

OP
O

oneofmanydavids

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. But that did not solve my problem. I was not able to find the 5.3Gb in the file system. Something weird is going on. Wish I could just format the thing and install iOS again clean.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How strange! I can still access VLC even though I too upgraded. Hope someone else comes up with a solution.

OP
O

oneofmanydavids

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fixed my problem. I bought an ASUS Transformer Prime and gave the useless ipad rubbish to my girlfriend. Problem SOLVED!

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oneofmanydavids said:
I fixed my problem. I bought an ASUS Transformer Prime and gave the useless ipad rubbish to my girlfriend. Problem SOLVED!

Good.So now you gonna join the Asus forum.Bye Bye

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Based on the fact the op went out and purchased an Asus to resolve an issue when a simple restore or just locate the files on your Pc and delete them would have fixed the issue then I am closing this thread. Best of luck with your Asus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts