What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virgin media email

littlegriggsey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution for virigin media email on iPad

1. Ensure your iPad is connected to the internet, preferably via a good wireless connection.
2. Open > Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and click “Add Account…â€
3. From the list of Email suppliers choose “Microsoft Exchangeâ€
4. Input your Email address, leave Domain blank, then your username and password. Your username is your Email address and your password is the one you use with webmail. I set the Description to NTLworldExchange to make it easy to identify but this is up to you, then press “Nextâ€.
5. You may get a certificate error, if so just click “continue†to get to the next window.
6. On the next Exchange window leave all the details carried over from the previous window and add into Server: m.google.com Then press “Nextâ€.
7. Finally choose to turn off contacts and calendars if you use them with another email account and click “Saveâ€.
8. Now you can go into your Mail Client and your account will be good to go!

ToeCap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this. I've spent hours with my new ipad trying to do this. This is the only place I've found a way that works - it worked first time so thanks.

I've now joined the forum as a first time ipad user I think I may need help!

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good idea as this has been one of the most annoying things ever. It even works on my iPhone too it's a god send

Thanks again

vj531

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution for virigin media email on iPad

1. Ensure your iPad is connected to the internet, preferably via a good wireless connection.
2. Open > Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and click “Add Account…â€
3. From the list of Email suppliers choose “Microsoft Exchangeâ€
4. Input your Email address, leave Domain blank, then your username and password. Your username is your Email address and your password is the one you use with webmail. I set the Description to NTLworldExchange to make it easy to identify but this is up to you, then press “Nextâ€.
5. You may get a certificate error, if so just click “continue†to get to the next window.
6. On the next Exchange window leave all the details carried over from the previous window and add into Server: m.google.com Then press “Nextâ€.
7. Finally choose to turn off contacts and calendars if you use them with another email account and click “Saveâ€.
8. Now you can go into your Mail Client and your account will be good to go!

Just trying the above on my wife's viginmedia email and my blueyonder email on our new Ipad 3. It wont except the password for the "exchange account"

I hate virgin mail! Its always a bloody hassle.

Help

All the best

Stephen.

OP
L

littlegriggsey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email account reply

Just trying the above on my wife's viginmedia email and my blueyonder email on our new Ipad 3. It wont except the password for the "exchange account"

I hate virgin mail! Its always a bloody hassle.

Help

All the best

Stephen.

Hey,

I am sorry but I can't help you with this all I can suggest is try just the virgin email again.

Sorry.

Is the virgin media account your trying a NTL one?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts