What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewing videos from wireless drive

lhaire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been debating upgrading to a larger Ipad than the 16gb mini that I currently have. But, if I can find a way to view videos from my external source better.....that would be ideal.

I currently have a 64gb wireless bluetooth drive that I access from my Ipad. I primarily store my music onboard my Ipad but watch videos/movies via my bluetooth wireless drive. My question is what is the best video viewing software to watch the videos on? I currently installed VLC, but VLC seems to want to take the videos from the wireless drive and store them onto my Ipad (clogging up space). And it also isn't able to view certain formats. Some are MPEGs, VLC, FLV, or other files. Not all are able to be watched using VLC, though. Is there an Apple video viewing program I can download to be able to view just about any kind of video/movie file? I hope my question was specific enough. Thanks in advance.

Most reactions