What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"View only" on iPad without any local download?

emcmahon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
One warning, this question is coming from a non-technical person! I am wondering if it is possible for our company to enable employees to access files on their iPads (Excel, Word, PDF, etc.) from the server, without any kind of local device download occurring.

I am trying to make some information available, but our security group says if there is a temporary download or an option for the user to download, we cannot make the files available.Also, I am trying to avoid forcing people to VPN in. The potential download is the sticking point.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Psdsoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
emcmahon said:
Hi,
One warning, this question is coming from a non-technical person! I am wondering if it is possible for our company to enable employees to access files on their iPads (Excel, Word, PDF, etc.) from the server, without any kind of local device download occurring.

I am trying to make some information available, but our security group says if there is a temporary download or an option for the user to download, we cannot make the files available.Also, I am trying to avoid forcing people to VPN in. The potential download is the sticking point.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Cant be done. The only genuine view only solution is a remote desktop view and that involves some secure vpn type connection. Any other viewer or browser brings with it a copy of the file into your cache!

Psdsoft

OP
E

emcmahon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is what I was hearing and afraid of! Thanks for the response.

Most reactions

Latest posts