What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

View active network connections/

iwtfamtyp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know Apple took away the ability to see background processes years ago after that lawsuit in Italy. Is there still a way to see active network connections? My iPad when I’m only running one application will show the ”spinny thing” top right and performance drops. I’m wondering what’s running in the background to cause the slowness, and also sometimes increased battery drain. I’ve disabled app autoupdates as a test, that wasn’t it.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I know Apple took away the ability to see background processes years ago after that lawsuit in Italy. Is there still a way to see active network connections? My iPad when I’m only running one application will show the ”spinny thing” top right and performance drops. I’m wondering what’s running in the background to cause the slowness, and also sometimes increased battery drain. I’ve disabled app autoupdates as a test, that wasn’t it.
You can see your network connection under WiFi Settings. Background refreshing of Apps can be turned off for all or individual Apps in settings.

OP
I

iwtfamtyp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can see your network connection under WiFi Settings. Background refreshing of Apps can be turned off for all or individual Apps in settings.
To clarify, I wish to see which applications have active network connections going out, to which IP address is, and if possible even which ports. The utilities are definitely available on pretty much every other operating system but again Apple tries to keep things hidden from us.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To clarify, I wish to see which applications have active network connections going out, to which IP address is, and if possible even which ports. The utilities are definitely available on pretty much every other operating system but again Apple tries to keep things hidden from us.
As far as I know, the only way to do this would be to download Xcode onto a Mac and then connect up your iPad to the Mac.

Most reactions