What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Videos/movies don't show title

Les

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Movies no longer have title below it
I load my own movies, which would previously show the opening scene and below it was the title. Now for some reason on new movies I transfer, a icon of a monitor/TV shows and no title. You have click it to open and see the title which is a pain. Otherwise they play fine. And the earlier ones still look the good way. It is just the new ones I load that no longer have the title beneath them. I use 1280x720 resolution and use quick time player to convert the movie from my camera. I have not changed the way I do it.
How do get back to the way they used to be? Is it the new OS? I am running 4.2.1
Les

etopp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TV show has no title

Movies no longer have title below it
I load my own movies, which would previously show the opening scene and below it was the title. Now for some reason on new movies I transfer, a icon of a monitor/TV shows and no title. You have click it to open and see the title which is a pain. Otherwise they play fine. And the earlier ones still look the good way. It is just the new ones I load that no longer have the title beneath them. I use 1280x720 resolution and use quick time player to convert the movie from my camera. I have not changed the way I do it.
How do get back to the way they used to be? Is it the new OS? I am running 4.2.1
Les

The Videos app on the iPad does not show any text underneath the image of

a TV Show (unlike Movies). This is not a bug - it is a feature.

;)

The workaround is as follows:

First, download a picture of the title page for the TV show. Wikipedia

usually has this.

Second, in iTunes right-click on the episode (you can multiple select)

and choose Get Info. Click on the Artwork tab then click the Add button

and navigate to the picture file.

Third, (re-)sync with the iPad.

Bernice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TV show has no title

The Videos app on the iPad does not show any text underneath the image of

a TV Show (unlike Movies). This is not a bug - it is a feature.

;)

The workaround is as follows:

First, download a picture of the title page for the TV show. Wikipedia

usually has this.

Second, in iTunes right-click on the episode (you can multiple select)

and choose Get Info. Click on the Artwork tab then click the Add button

and navigate to the picture file.

Third, (re-)sync with the iPad.

Bernice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THANK YOU so much for the "artwork" suggestion. It works perfectly!!

I asked, at the genius bar, and was told "there isn't a solution." We postulated that I could change the video to a music video and it would show up with a title. But that did not work. Your solution was excellent. Thanks.

Most reactions