What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Sync Issues

jamesparkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got an odd one, every day or so, all my movies disappear from the iPad

I click on the video icon on the ipad and it says "no Videos"

Yet when I connect to itunes and look at the ipad sumary it shows the movies and tv shows are there.

on the movies and tv shows tabs it also shows that they are selected

the only way I can remedy it is to unsync both tabs, and then resync afterwards, but then the problem will magically return about a day later

anyone got any idea why?

OP
J

jamesparkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just checked the ipod part too

no music in there even though I have about 15 albums showing up as on the ipad in the itunes summary

OP
J

jamesparkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you also can update itunes to the latest version

already done,

been on the phone to a genius now, he advised to do a full restore after deleting the backup file from my machine.

Done this and is working for now, although my todo list now launches to a black screen

OP
J

jamesparkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, even weirder, on the way home went to watch a tv show, and they had disappeared again.

Got home spoke to a genius again, they advised a full restore again, I did not do this as the movies are on a HDD at work

left it alone for a couple of hours while I went to the shops did dinner etc, then had a look again and they had re-appeared

it seems they come back about 2 hours after the last sync

any ideas?

oldskier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.markrichardross.com
Disappearing VIDEO art

Got the same (or similar problem) on my iPad. Just did a sync and all the cover art for my videos disappeared. Do I have to do a restore to get it all back or will time heal all wounds?

macrutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RE: Artwork

Has the artwork returned? I had a similar problem, I'd add a video then sync and perhaps it's or some other artwork would disappear. I called Apple and was
treated well but no simple ideas for a fix. What I did and it's worked 100% for almost a month was to backup my mac and following Apple's on line guide to removing iTunes was to uninstall then reinstall and it has not "lost" any artwork since.

Do you still have all your artwork in iTunes?
Do you get "icon" that looks like a monitor,keyboard and mouse pad?
If so when you open the movie is there the wrong artwork inside?

If so I'd guess that it's likely that a file or something is corrupt.

Most reactions