What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Music Videos

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only videos that show up under the Music Video tab is the ones I purchased from the iStore.

I've recoded mp3 music videos to the .m4v format but the still show up under the Movies tab. What do I have to do to tell the iPad they are music videos?

OP
chisaki

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use a program such as Handbrake to re-encode the movies.

Handbrake sucks, it don't have any iPad specific settings and only converts to the mp4 format. The program I use to convert, Daniusoft Video Converter Ultimate, has iPad specific settings and can encode both mp4 and m4v formats.

The question I asked was HOW to make the converted music videos show up under the music video tab rather than the movie tab?

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A bit of politeness might help. In iTunes highlight the movie, ask for the information on the track and you can change its type to music video.

Most reactions

Latest posts