What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video converter

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are there any recommendations please for a video converter? Is Anyvideo converter in the app store any good?

I have some very old .vob files that I wish to convert to play on my iPad/macbookpro etc.

Thanks

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried VLC on the iPad? It may play without conversion.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
HandBrake on the Mac is fairly popular. Haven't used it myself, mostly because I've never needed a video converter.

I don't know of anything on the iPad.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
VLC plays VOB files on the Mac. Just dump the entire containing folder into VLC and it will play. VOBs are ripped DVDs.

@lizzieh It seems you disagree with my assertion that VLC will play .VOB files. Since we like to present accurate information on this forum, and I actually play such files on my MacBookPro, do you have anything to add?

I'd be particularly interested in hearing about any version of VLC or OS X that does not play these files. My advice is always to update to the latest version of operating systems and software so this may be where we disagree.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is my rip of the Electric Light Orchestra's Zoom DVD playing on VLC

Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 1.00.46 PM.png

from these files

Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 1.02.30 PM.png

Most reactions