What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Ads

Mahargkr53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This my scenario. I’m playing music from my IPad Pro, through my Apple TV via Airplay, hooked up to my home audio receiver. When surfing in Safari on my IPad, web page video ads take over my music. How can I stop this? Thanks.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Use a good content blocker to filter out the video. IMHO the best is Weblock, well worth the couple of bucks it costs.

Alternatively, perhaps some browser other than Safari offers a preference to disable automatic play of video ads. Probably not, though, as I think they're all just Safari under the skin.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Use a good content blocker to filter out the video. IMHO the best is Weblock, well worth the couple of bucks it costs.

Alternatively, perhaps some browser other than Safari offers a preference to disable automatic play of video ads. Probably not, though, as I think they're all just Safari under the skin.

Safari under the skin just means they use the same web-kit rendering engine. Privacy and other features are more than possible. iCab Mobile has a setting to turn off Auto-Play on videos. There are bound to be a few others.

With iPadOS 14, you can change your default browser. There are only a handful to chose from, so far, but iCab is one of them.

That’s not realy meant to promote iCab Mobile. It is a decent enough browser, but I find it too cluttered and complicated. I only keep it around for those few times I need to do something unusualy complicated with a site. It comes through maybe 50% of the time, so worth keeping on my iPad.

Most reactions