What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does The iPad Have iPhone 4 Disease?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am using the Belkin BlueTooth receiver to play music from the iPod app to my stereo system. If I leave it playing on the coffee table then pick it up, the sound is briefly interrupted. Could this be due to the aluminium case, either by design or by accident, acting as a Bluetooth attenna as per the fabled iPhone 4 "problem"?

By the way, I am using BT because AirPlay combined with Apple TV doesn't work the way that I would like. I was planning to use AirPlay via Apple TV to my amplifier using the optical output without having to turn on my TV. The problem is that there is no sound via the optical output until I turn the TV on. Once the sound is working I can turn the TV off, but there is no chance that I can explain this to my wife and it is kind of silly anyway.

666fff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it seems as though you are giving off Bluetooth signals stronger than the ones from the belkin receiver. The brief interruption to the music playback would be explained by there being no mechanism in the human body to transmit the music data, at which point the iPad realises this and reverts back to the Bluetooth transmission from the belkin unit. My advice? Go to the dentist and have your teeth stained a lighter shade of blue, often this is a temporary fix, but it will prevent any music interruptions while you're waiting to get your intra-cranial Bluetooth module reprogrammed. I removed mine with a spoon and a straw, although this left me with a severely damaged temporal lobe, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Anyway good luck and let us know what happens!

Most reactions