What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viber on ipad 2

buzzzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nope, it requires a mobile number, this only works on phones

fanckush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it does and i always use it.
But it requires a phone number (you probably have that)
So u insert your phone number and it will send a sms to your phone with a code
Simply use the code to activate viber on your ipad
(Sorry for my bad english)

John Ba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Viber

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!

Viber is not completely compatible with iPad, or iPod. You may install it and try it!

When using iPad or iPod with Viber, you will need an active cell phone number to register and also to receive the access code on, for your iPad or iPod.

Also, make sure that you plug in your ear phone, this will activate the audio.

If you have any question about Viber - please feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance,
Viber Team

chithinh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Viber,
I used Viber on my iPad2 normal until this week. When i try to call or send message, the warning is: there seems to be a problem connecting to Viber's service. Please check your connection and try again. While I have no problem to use the same Wifi making call via Viber from my phone (HTC). If Viber is no longer suported on iPad?

anilnc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Viber,
I used Viber on my iPad2 normal until this week. When i try to call or send message, the warning is: there seems to be a problem connecting to Viber's service. Please check your connection and try again. While I have no problem to use the same Wifi making call via Viber from my phone (HTC). If Viber is no longer suported on iPad?

Maybe you should check if both viber accounts in your phone and ipad are not same(same number registered), then it won't work.

Or your WiFi or Cellular signal is too low on your ipad or disconnected.

I too got this same message today, but it was due to low WiFi signal. I went to a room where I get more WiFi signal then it worked perfectly.

I also think Viber is having network issues. Even when my Wifi signal is full, the other person on the line cannot hear me. It could be his phone is out of signal as well.

chithinh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Anilnc,
At the same time, with that iPad, I maked video call by tango app, so I think there is an issue with viber.

John Ba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

As suggested above, there might have been a temporary issue with the connection with our server. We're glad to hear all works well now :)

Last edited:

Zunion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Insert a working sim and use Viber. You have to register it usnig your phone number.

Most reactions

Latest posts