What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VGA adapter - did I miss something?

Pcunix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
aplawrence.com
I just got my iPad Friday. One of the first things I tried was Keynote because I hope to use that for an upcoming presentation.

After creating a few slides, I wanted to see how it would work on a monitor. So I hooked up the via adaptor and got - nothing. Nothing on the monitor at all.

Am I missing something? Is there something have to do in Settings or in Keynote to tell it to use the monitor? I thought if I just hit the play arrow it would go there?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First did you turn off the ipad before connecting VGA adapter to screen as this must be done. This article explains the procedure.
http://i.tuaw.com/2010/04/09/real-life-ipad-presenting-with-an-ipad-keynote-and-vga-connec/

Hope it helps you
Colin Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

Pcunix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
aplawrence.com
I had another "Duh!" moment yesterday. I had done enough work and downloaded enough apps to want to sync back to my MBP. I had not done that since originally setting it up.

So where was the cable? It had to be right there on my desk, but no.. I cursed myself for a fool. Had I put it somewhere "safe" and forgotten where or worse, thrown it out with the trash? I was just about to move a heavy file cabinet because I thought the cable might of slipped behind it when I realized my mistake: the cable is used with the charger. I never lost it, I just forgot that the sync cable is dual purpose.

Duh :)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pcunix said:
I had another "Duh!" moment yesterday. I had done enough work and downloaded enough apps to want to sync back to my MBP. I had not done that since originally setting it up.

So where was the cable? It had to be right there on my desk, but no.. I cursed myself for a fool. Had I put it somewhere "safe" and forgotten where or worse, thrown it out with the trash? I was just about to move a heavy file cabinet because I thought the cable might of slipped behind it when I realized my mistake: the cable is used with the charger. I never lost it, I just forgot that the sync cable is dual purpose.

Duh :)
Oh oh dear That is so funny

Dragonrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the presentation software running my projector within an hour of opening the box - what I didn't like is that the projector takes over the image - there's nothing on the iPad screen, so you don't have the guide you had with the laptop. Small price to pay tho.

OP
P

Pcunix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
aplawrence.com
I had the presentation software running my projector within an hour of opening the box - what I didn't like is that the projector takes over the image - there's nothing on the iPad screen, so you don't have the guide you had with the laptop. Small price to pay tho.

Yeah, that could be better done. But that's generally true - I think almost every iPad app could be improved and will be over time. This whole think is so new and different,; the best ways to do things either havee yet to be imagined or are just impossible under the current API. This will change.

However, Keynote is usable and I think this is a lot more convenient than fumbling with a laptop.

Most reactions