What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking Desktop Conversion Dock -- USB and Monitor Inputs

Mr. Tibbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought my first Ipad the other day and it's coming in the mail this week. In the meantime I've been looking at accessories. I already have a nice wide-screen monitor, a wireless keyboard/mouse that connects to PCs via USB, and a good USB speaker set that I've been using with my old laptop. I would like to put this hardware to use. I've found a dock that has 3 USB ports, but it doesn't have a monitor connection. Does anyone know of a "desktop conversion" dock, one with a few USB ports and a VGA, DVI, or HDMI connection that one can use to quickly and easily transform an Ipad into a desktop when one's at home?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What kind of device let's you connect USB to an iPad other that the camera connection kit, whose use is very limited in terms of USB functionality?

You can get a bluetooth keyboard, speakers, VGA for screen to monitor, air print for printing and wifi to Dropbox for moving files. Not much really for USB. That is your "dock". :)

Most reactions