What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon Store 3G Help FAIL

OP
P

pennicat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2 things;a friend of mine is a Verizon store manager and stated they were trained to turn ALL Apple related issues over to Apple. Second did you try activating over 3g vs wifi? To activate my hot spot I had to actually use IT to get to the Verizon website to activate it's usage. Until I did that I basically payed $20 for nothing

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Well, yes I tried, but how am I supposed to get there via 3G if I can't activate it!

OP
P

pennicat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this got solved yet but, I had the same problem and this it what worked for me. I called Verizon and the guy who helped me was very good. He told me to try to log on to my Verizon account without wi-fi on first. That didn't work so, he had me just restart the Ipad and, after that it worked. It didn't find the Verizon signal right away, it took about 30 seconds.

The crazy thing is, in the process of doing this, I solved another problem.

I wondered if rebooting might do it, but of course I completely forgot to try. I'll try that and see if it works.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can check your AT&T account without going on 3G. You must be on some sort of internet (wifi is fine) and you can check your usage. Sometimes it says that it can't connect then you can go online on a computer to AT&T iPad Data Plan and do the same thing.

OP
P

pennicat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pennicat said:
I wondered if rebooting might do it, but of course I completely forgot to try. I'll try that and see if it works.

It worked! Thanks everyone. They should really add this as an FAQ on the Verizon set as well as let the store personnel know - phone support too.

Reaction score
2 things;a friend of mine is a Verizon store manager and stated they were trained to turn ALL Apple related issues over to Apple. Second did you try activating over 3g vs wifi? To activate my hot spot I had to actually use IT to get to the Verizon website to activate it's usage. Until I did that I basically payed $20 for nothing

Support Our Troops!!

Well, yes I tried, but how am I supposed to get there via 3G if I can't activate it!

Trying to activate my hotspot before it was activated by trying to use it is how it activated it.
Sounds strange but it did it
Glad the reboot solved it for you

Support Our Troops!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can check your AT&T account without going on 3G. You must be on some sort of internet (wifi is fine) and you can check your usage. Sometimes it says that it can't connect then you can go online on a computer to AT&T iPad Data Plan and do the same thing.

(shrug) It could be some firewall setting with my ISP. It's not inconvenient enough to spend time tracking down, but I do appreciate you taking time to try and help.

And yes, I can check Usage under the General settings at any time. I'm pretty sure thats a local iPad estimate though, since it has to be reset manually.

Most reactions

Latest posts