What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon Set to Introduce Tiered Data Plans in July

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
verizon-iphone2.JPG
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AppleInsider reports today that Verizon’s much hinted at move to replace its unlimited data plans with tiered plans will commence on July 7, according to Droid-Life.com. The cheapest plan will get you 2GB of data for $30 per month, the mid-range package will give you 5GB for $50 per month, and the most expensive package will give you 10GB for $80 per month. It’s also expected that Verizon’s iPad and other tablets data plan will change from the current 1GB for $20 to $30 for 2GB. All plans will be for new customers only, so existing Verizon customers can rest assured that their plans will remain the same until the end of their contracts. The report adds that Verizon is also likely to offer tethering plans of $50 per month for 4GB, $70 per month for 7GB, and $100 per month for 12GB. AppleInsider notes that Verizon’s move to tiered data charging comes more than a year after AT&T took the same step. [/FONT]

Source: AppleInsider | Verizon rumored to begin tiered data plans July 7 starting at $30 for 2GB

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, no surprise here. Verizon said when they first came out with unlimited data for the iPhone, that it would only be offered for a short period of time. Interesting that in today's day and age of competition, Verizon would set their 2GB data plan $5 higher than AT&T's.

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Data plan grandfathering question

I am a long time VER customer. Was waiting for the 5, however now that I saw this I am considering biting the bullet and getting a 4 today. Problem is I have a buddy who works at VER business services who says if you renew before July 7th you are grandfathered in, but if you wait for the 5 (or after July 7th) to renew, you have to sign up for a new plan?

Then my wife called VER yesterday and was told that is NOT the case, you can wait for the 5 and keep the unlimited plan as long as you go from smartphone to smartphone (BB to iPhone) you get the unlimited plan for the foreseeable future. Anyone have any ideas what is right? Hate to get stuck paying $50 extra a month...

Help??

Most reactions

Latest posts