What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon Messed Up Big Time

angelliclulu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've has an iPad 2 since launch and suddenly yesterday my iPad's 3g verizon is not working. I fiddle with different fixes and then I say screw it and call verizon. They tell me my iPad has a twin (same MEID number or something) and it apparently happened with a few, but what verizon people are supposed to do is advise the new owner to go return their new iPad for a new one with a different number... instead this twin of mine got their iPad activated and mine was forced to deactivate. Verizon tells me they can't deactivate the other one and reactivate mine because that's against the rules, so I have to return my day 1 iPad to get a new one. Some may think, oh nice new iPad but I have to backup all my information and I have to drive to the apple store, I have to get rid of my iPad that has a 30 dollar non-removable skin on it... all because a Verizon person decided that it was ok to deactivate an existing account to open a new account.

So if your verizon log-in suddenly stops working and it has that wonderful error message of cannot activate cellular data network, it may be because your iPad has a twin and someone at verizon just deactivated your account even though they aren't allowed to.

AFAngryWarrior

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.verizonwireless.com
Ugh... Dont get me started on the Verizon Salesperson... Madoff could have learned a thing or two from them! Not only have I seen what you described countless times because they want to make that commission at ANY cost taking up as little time as possible. So instead of calling a manager or supervisor to make the right move they take shortcuts. I've also seen them DEACTIVATE a customers phone number, and give them a NEW number when a customer comes in to Upgrade because its a new activation and they make more $$ on new activations than they do for upgrades... They can be ruthless! I've had to fix those situations more times than I can remember.

Most reactions

Latest posts