What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon service active when iPad is first set up?

breger1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had an iPad 3 Wifi+Verizon since its release date and I love it. My wife has been drooling over mine, so I surprised her today by giving her one for her birthday. She's thrilled!

I noticed when we were going through her iPad setup steps, and activating her new Apple ID, that Verizon service appeared to be on and active. Sure enough, when I checked the Cellular Settings Verizon was "On". But we haven't yet purchased a Verizon data plan??? It's only just arraived and been set up. How could we have Verizon service? Do they activate it for setup and then deactivate it later (until I purchase my own data plan of course)?

Just curious!

Bill

Study13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At least with my AT&T iPad 3, you don't have a data plan attached to your device as of yet. You will still need to set that feature up. All the iPad is telling you is that it is receiving the wireless signal from Verizon. You most likely won't be able to access mobile Internet.

Most reactions

Latest posts