What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon iPad still in the works

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
verizon-wireless-ipad2210

News out from Business Insider reports Clayton Morris of FOXNews.com was tipped from a source that Apple and Verizon are still in talks to land the iPad on Verizon's wireless network.
Apple is working with Verizon on a version of its iPad tablet, despite Apple only announcing an AT&T partnership, according to Fox News Channel's Clayton Morris, who just spoke with a Verizon source.

That's all we know so far but apparently Morris is preparing an article with more details for FOXNews.

{Source: BusinessInsider}

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I VERY much hope that this happens. Verizon has the best network and this would be the perfect start of a relationship between Apple and Verizon.

Also, still waiting on the Nexus One Verizon version!

Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Beautiful.:) Now ill just wait for this one to be released. Will everything else still be the same though? Like the no multi tasking, no camera, etc?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beautiful.:) Now ill just wait for this one to be released. Will everything else still be the same though? Like the no multi tasking, no camera, etc?

Until someone offers significant competition I think Apple will keep this bad boy locked down pretty hard. Now, if something comes along and seriously starts stealing sales from the iPad/iPhone, they will be more apt to open it.

VZW RSR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Until someone offers significant competition I think Apple will keep this bad boy locked down pretty hard. Now, if something comes along and seriously starts stealing sales from the iPad/iPhone, they will be more apt to open it.

According to this article, Apple lost almost 2 percent market share last quarter, I'm sure they are aware a one carrier solution in the U.S. is not in their best interest.

ABI: iPhone Loses Ground in Q4 | Wireless Week

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure with the launch of the Motorola Droid from Verizon, it had a huge impact on iPhone sales. I think Apple underestimated the potential of Android Phones. Once the Nexus One is released in a few months on Verizon, I think that will have another impact.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Competition is good, most of the time... depends on your side of the fence

I think they would be smart to implement Verizon support into another iPad version. Even other carrier support would be a new welcome to the Apple community.

It will certainly cut down on "Jail Breaking / Unlocking", but as long as it can be done, it will be done with or without support from many other carriers for data. Even with the iPad being unlocked out of box, there is still going to be many attempting to make use of their already existing 2yr contract AT&T Sims by sizing it down to use with the iPad and adapt it up for normal use in the iPhone. :ipad-case:

Most reactions

Latest posts