What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon iPad 2 3G Connectivity Bug

jnoslop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the house, we have 2 iPads and an iPhone, but I'm the only user whose iPad is a third arm. We do have cordless phones, though, and I've wondered about that. When I first got the iPad, I had no connectivity problems, at least I didn't notice them. Here's a stab in the dark, though: my boyfriend charges his iPhone in the room next to the family room, so it's in close proximity to my iPad. He's been complaining that his iPhone barely holds a charge for the day. I don't have an iPhone, but my phone eats through the battery if I keep the gps enabled. Could it possibly be a conflict with his phone if he has a location setting set to always on? Any suggestions you may have would be appreciated. Change position of the wi-fi? Change iPhone settings? Don't know what I can do about the cordless phones. HELP!

tmcloughlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an IPAD2 16GB Verizon 3G. It's terribly slow when using 3G. Download speed of .45mbps and upload was even worse at .02mbps.

Today I went to the Apple store to ask why my Version 3G was so slow. They told me it wasn't their fault and blamed Verizon. They said no one else has complained. I was stunned. They were no help. While in the Apple store my 3G has 4 Bars and still only downloaded at .90mbps.

Anybody else experiencing this? Any fixes?

Thanks.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They were right about one thing. It's probably something you need to do through Verizon. Calling them would probably be more productive than talking to Apple on this issue. There should be a way to force the iPad to update it's tower database. Ask about that. It may help. I can't check it, since I don't have a 3G Verizon iPad to play with.

The other thing is to try a reset on the iPad.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could resetting network settings help this? I know on my iPhone it did.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ah, found this old thread and it appears the Ipad 3 has the same issue. I've been correcting this with a soft reset and it may connect for one or two times and then next time not connect. My speed on 3G (my market won't get 4G until late summer) is actualy quite good so can't complain about that.

Most reactions

Latest posts