What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon FiveSpot went TU!

DJennings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone using Verizon's MiFi or Global FiveSpot for wifi for their iPad? I picked up a FiveSpot about 6 wks ago, to use with my iPad on the rare occasions I'm somewhere without wifi. $35/mo for 3 gigs is perfect for me.....however the thing crapped out on me and Verizon's sending another one this week. When it was working, I loved it....

eastex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using the Verizon Mifi for a couple of months now for connectivity when we are at our weekend place on the coast. It has worked very well.

nasomi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my mifi, i take hte kids swimming or to practice, it's in my pocket. I tap it on, break out my ipad, and start watching stuff from air video, browsing the web, browsing itunes store, etc. It's small, lightweight, has decent battery life, and is fairly quick.

southpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the FiveSpot and have a love- hate relationship with it. The battery life is terrible and it seems as if it goes from warning to out of juice in no time, so it may as well not warn you. You need to be prepared to re-charge at all times.

The operation is quirky. For example, you need to press the switch for 10 seconds (an eternity) to turn it off. Sometimes, the power light stays on and goes off when you release it, and sometimes it goes off while you are pressing the switch.

On the other hand, coverage has been good and it came in handy numerous times. For example, my husband was in the hospital and wifi was not available. He used the FiveSpot and it made his stay bearable.

My husband and I each got iPad 2s with 3G, but have not activated it yet. My FiveSpot contract is up in August and, between now and then, we need to see how we use it and how we use the iPads and then decide what to do.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
D

DJennings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
southpaw said:
I have the FiveSpot and have a love- hate relationship with it. The battery life is terrible and it seems as if it goes from warning to out of juice in no time, so it may as well not warn you. You need to be prepared to re-charge at all times.

The operation is quirky. For example, you need to press the switch for 10 seconds (an eternity) to turn it off. Sometimes, the power light stays on and goes off when you release it, and sometimes it goes off while you are pressing the switch.

On the other hand, coverage has been good and it came in handy numerous times. For example, my husband was in the hospital and wifi was not available. He used the FiveSpot and it made his stay bearable.

My husband and I each got iPad 2s with 3G, but have not activated it yet. My FiveSpot contract is up in August and, between now and then, we need to see how we use it and how we use the iPads and then decide what to do.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thanks southpaw! I agree with you on all those points, including how it has been quite handy at times. I'm just a couple months in on my contract, so I'll be holding onto to it for awhile...

Most reactions

Latest posts