What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon connectivity?

Greeby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am traveling in North Carolina with my new Verizon iPad2 and I am having trouble connecting to the 3G network. I get 2 bars and the the signal drops to nothing.

Luckily I have my MiFi (Verizon) and it has 5 bars so I am using the wireless thru that.

Is anyone seeing poor 3G performance?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am traveling in North Carolina with my new Verizon iPad2 and I am having trouble connecting to the 3G network. I get 2 bars and the the signal drops to nothing.

Luckily I have my MiFi (Verizon) and it has 5 bars so I am using the wireless thru that.

Is anyone seeing poor 3G performance?

I have a MiFi unit in the UK and see a similar thing - the MiFi signal is consistenly better than the iPad. It will be interesting to see what other members have to report.

Thanks for this.

Tim
Scotland

Morticia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several dead zones in North and South Carolina based on my experience!

I've got Verizon's FiveSpot and it seems to Be working fine.

Big test coming in next couple weeks when we head to Hilton Head Island....some of the worst Verizon connectivity ever! Someone said they should put a billboard 20miles out that says "make your last mobile phone call NOW....you are about to enter the DEAD ZONE"

Will be interesting to see how the iPad and five spot do!

OP
G

Greeby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turns out that Verizon just doesn't have good coverage in Mt Airy. My MiFi had almost no signal si I guess I was lucky to get that.

iPad RF reception doesn't seem as good as my MiFi.

Most reactions