What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Verizon edition

Avog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an owner of an iPad 2 Verizon edition 64+3G brand brand new.
I leave in Europe and I have trouble to operate the 3G. Can I change the sim even though there is no slot? Is there any way to change the network?
If I don't find any solution I will be forced to sell it.
Thanks a lot for your time.

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon is CDMA technology. No sim chip. No real way to change the network

If you Live in Europe you want the AT&T version that is GSM Tech and will have a Sim chip

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an owner of an iPad 2 Verizon edition 64+3G brand brand new.
I leave in Europe and I have trouble to operate the 3G. Can I change the sim even though there is no slot? Is there any way to change the network?
If I don't find any solution I will be forced to sell it.
Thanks a lot for your time.

I'm afraid the Verizon model of the iPad is incompatible with European GSM networks - it relies on an entirely different technology. Verizon is more-or-less restricted to North America. It is not possible to 'upgrade' or otherwise modify your iPad either and I suspect that, unless you find someone who is going to use it in the US, you'll have trouble selling it in Europe because the buyer will be unable to use the 3G function either. If you plan to return to the US soon, then your best plan might be to wait until then and try and sell it when in the USA.

Tim

James McMichael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lost Connection

We are located in SE Kansas. In our main building my mgr is able to see the Verizon connections. He go to the conference room in the south building and the i Pad does not have a connection. His droid phone does.

Is the iPad 2 receiver just a weak receiver? Any comments?

Most reactions