What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon and service

bigbearnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was going over prices on the website ( Verizon) and I did a fake order to see what my total would be and to see what options I had and it would not let me select a plan with the tablet. I do have two cell phones with Verizon were under contract. I did not log in to my account. I was doing it as a new customer. Didn't ask any personal info just let me select what I wanted and when I tried to select a plan it said I had TI pic. Droid taxer or something. Let me go through the order process to buy without service though. Anyone know why it would not be available in my area? I really wanted service in it not just through wifi

OP
B

bigbearnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bigbearnow said:
Was going over prices on the website ( Verizon) and I did a fake order to see what my total would be and to see what options I had and it would not let me select a plan with the tablet. I do have two cell phones with Verizon were under contract. I did not log in to my account. I was doing it as a new customer. Didn't ask any personal info just let me select what I wanted and when I tried to select a plan it said I had TI pic. Droid taxer or something. Let me go through the order process to buy without service though. Anyone know why it would not be available in my area? I really wanted service in it not just through wifi

Weird but I went ahead and logged into account and acted as I was going to upgrade to the iPad it seems it was going tort me. So not sure why it did that. So hopefully I can when I am ready in a month

Suitcase70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have their MiFi thing it costs me $50. a month for 5Gig. $10 per gig over use. I was on dial up, all I could get. This is faster and works with my PCs too if they have wifi cards. It's not very fast downloading videos though, I have the 3G version. I bought the little wifi device from a private owner for $35. and took it to a Verizon dealer and I had it activated. It saved me having to agree to a two year contract.

OP
B

bigbearnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suitcase70 said:
I have their MiFi thing it costs me $50. a month for 5Gig. $10 per gig over use. I was on dial up, all I could get. This is faster and works with my PCs too if they have wifi cards. It's not very fast downloading videos though, I have the 3G version. I bought the little wifi device from a private owner for $35. and took it to a Verizon dealer and I had it activated. It saved me having to agree to a two year contract.

What is the mifi and what does it do?

Most reactions

Latest posts