What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using my regular AppStore account on the iPad 2

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got a brand new iPad 2. I wanted to get the iBooks. I was asked to either create a new account or use an existing one. So I thought of using the one I already have and use with my iMac.

All the information was there excerpt for one thing: I am asked to enter a security code. Since I do not know which code they are talking about, I click on go 'here', a window open and stays completely blank.

My questions are the following:

1) What is this code? Where do I find it or where can I get it?

2) Else, I tried to find a way to cancel the use of my existing account on the iPad so I could create a new account, I was unable to find how to do it.

Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Bruno

agpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I activate a new idevice with my apple Id, it asks me for the security code to my credit card that I have on file. The ccv2 code on the card, as a way of verifying that I am in fact the account holder and am not stealing someone elses account.

Most reactions

Latest posts