What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

User, hacker, or developer

snowzone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've decided after a year of owning an iPad (1) that I want to jailbreak it. I've read that picking "hacker" opens up a few more options that "user" doesn't have. Should I bit the bullet and pick developer? Does that open even more options.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The basic setting will be fine for you, but you can change it any time in Cydia from the "sources" tab and then press the "settings" button on the top left of the screen... It's not a one time only deal!

Last edited:
OP
S

snowzone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
The basic setting will be fine for you, but you can change it any time in Cydia from the "sources" tab and the press the button on the top left of the screen... It's not a one time only deal!

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the info :)

Last edited by a moderator:

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the top left button in installed is only to give an expert view of what's installed, I'm pretty sure if you want to change your user type ( user ,hacker, developer ) you go to sources then top left button (settings) and user types are in there. Or that's how it is on iPad 2 so forgive me if it's different on other devices

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
arbor53 said:
I think the top left button in installed is only to give an expert view of what's installed, I'm pretty sure if you want to change your user type ( user ,hacker, developer ) you go to sources then top left button (settings) and user types are in there. Or that's how it is on iPad 2 so forgive me if it's different on other devices

My bad. Wrong tab. Shouldn't post from memory... Thanks for correcting, I'll edit my instructions to avoid confusion.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts