What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Useless (me, not the iPad )

lorelei_london

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up my iPhone so it will allow me to send / read txt messages on my iPad
But when I try and activate it from settings on my phone, it generates a message

"txt message forwarding: enter the code shown on your iPad to allow iPhone txt messages to also be sent and received on your iPad"

It then has a box to type in the 'code'

What code are they talking about? And where on the iPad do I find it?!
Thanks!
Lorelei

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure your telephone number is checkmarked on your iPad in Settings - Messages - Send & Receive.

If it is, go to Messages on your iPhone, and turn off iMessages, then turn it on again. Do the same on your iPad.
Then the code should appear. If memory serves right, it's a popup (or a text message).

OP
L

lorelei_london

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure your telephone number is checkmarked on your iPad in Settings - Messages - Send & Receive.

If it is, go to Messages on your iPhone, and turn off iMessages, then turn it on again. Do the same on your iPad.
Then the code should appear. If memory serves right, it's a popup (or a text message).

Thank you so much for that tip!
It's worked....!

Most reactions

Latest posts