What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm a newbie on here. Please be patient with me.

Grammie1956

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am grasping at straws trying to get my iPad2 straightened out after the original ios 9.3 update. I updated my iPhone 5S with no problems at all. When I updated my iPad2, it got stuck on the activation screen at the point where I was instructed to Activate using my AppleID. When I type in my AppleID, I get an error message saying that it cannot be activated using that email address. Does anyone have ANY suggestions? I have updated with the newer version of ios 9.3. I have tried to do a restore. I am getting the same message every time. I feel like I am totally overlooking the obvious.

OP
G

Grammie1956

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your attempt to help me. I did try that.I signed in to icloud.com but my device wasn't listed at all. I only have one account to my knowledge. And when I chose Find my iPhone my ipad is not listed--only my iphone--in All Devices. I am trying to downgrade to 9.2 but I am struggling even at that.

Thanks again tho!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Updating to the revised iOS 9.3 is not supposed to require entering your Apple ID and password. Did you try the update OTA or through iTunes?

OP
G

Grammie1956

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried to update through iTunes several times. I have even tried to do a total restore. When it finishes, the iPad lights up with "Hello", then it asks me to choose my language and then a wireless network. It's right after that it goes to the "Activate iPad" screen asking for my Appleid, which is my Hotmail.com address. It refers to the Appleid used to set up the iPad and then it says (c******@icloud.com). When I type in my Appleid (Hotmail address) it tells me that it cannot be activated with that id. However, that is the same Appleid that I used when I upgraded my iPhone without any problems. When I type in my icloud.com id, it tells me that I have an incorrect userid or password. I feel like I am doing something wrong but for the life of me, cannot figure out what I am doing. I appreciate your time more than you know. I've been at this for over a week, trying to get my iPad up and running again.

Most reactions

Latest posts